Having foreseen the inevitable collapse of our former empire of dirt on Tumblr (final R.I.P. to aughts blog culture) we’ve finally attempted to migrate the back catalog + current happenings unto & into a fresh new interface.
You’re going to publish a post today. Don’t worry about how your blog looks. Don’t worry if you haven’t given it a name yet, or you’re feeling overwhelmed. Just click the “New Post” button, and tell us why you’re here.
Why do this?
- BECAUSE THEY’RE MAKING YOU DO THIS RUN NOW – RUN FAST, MAKE HASTE DUMMY
- Because it will help you focus your own ideas about your blog and what you’d like to do with it.
So in lieu of a mission statement, let us clarify what we’ve always done. Monk said a genius is the one most life themself, and we are many selves as one. Exactly like a transformer.
To help you get started, here are a few questions:
- Why are you blogging publicly, rather than keeping a personal journal?
- What topics do you think you’ll write about?
- HELP PLEASE SEND HELP THEY’RE COMING FOR MY FAMILY?
- If you blog successfully throughout the next year, what would you hope to have accomplished?
You’re not locked into any of this; one of the wonderful things about blogs is how they constantly evolve as we learn, grow, and interact with one another — but it’s good to know where and why you started, and articulating your goals may just give you a few other post ideas.
Marching Banana releases independently made music with a southern slant and an american appetite. We initially coalesced towards the end of the 2000’s and hit a dense collective peak in Athens circa 2015/16. Since then we’ve had to tighten our belts in order to only put out the highest quality lowest-fidelity yarns ever spun in this particular locale.
We look forward to continuing to spin yarns for you once this covid mess clears up. 10 years strong bb. RUN IT UP!!!!!